Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hole in our Gospel

This past week Rich Stearns, CEO of World Vision came out with his first book. A Hole in our Gospel. Bill Hybels was so taken by the book he bought 10,000 copies and gave one to every family at Willow Creek. I bought 1 for my family and maybe you should too. Check out this inspiring video and the website for more info. http://www.theholeinourgospel.com/videos/

Here's what Bono had to say about Rich - "His form of worship is to be the eyes of the blind and the feet of the lame. Rich Stearns is much more than a powerful voice in the fight against AIDS and extreme poverty; he is an action hero."

John

P.S. In other news, 9 million children will die this year due to preventable diseases. As depressing as this reality is and as much as I try to insulate myself so I don't have to react, I find its good to be reminded every once and awhile.

P.P.S. Every penny Rich makes on the sales of his book go directly to World Vision reducing the above statistic.

1 comment:

  1. Being in India now for two months has made your post all too real for me.
    Yes, many of those children are here, yes they are poor, yes they get sick but truth be told, the poorest children I have met so far, have taught me the joy in just living. They are so happy, they smile like there is no tomorrow...in fact they probably will not wake up tomorrow. "Stuff" makes me comfortable, security in "things" makes me comfortable and ignorant....but there is no joy...we forget to live and thank God for today..just today...

    Sorry for the long comment but this is just too real for me..it is life where I live...


    Claudia

    ReplyDelete